The internal layout and decorative schemes have evolved over the years. Only two rooms, the Library, with its Tuscan columns, and the Music Room, with its early egg and dart and Greek key plasterwork with pedimented doorcases, survive largely unaltered from the 1730s. The spectacular Saloon on the first floor has the proportions of a cube and a half, being 27 feet wide and tall, by 40 feet and 6 inches long.
The dining room, with the double Venetian window, created for the new owner J.S. Morritt in 1778, by John Carr, contains some fine neo-classical plasterwork by Joseph Rose Jnr. A rare surviving ‘Print Room’ of French prints also dates from this period.